Did You Know? Facts About Nora
- Every Nora Roberts and J.D. Robb title released in 2014 hit the New York Times bestseller list. That’s keeping up a streak started in 1999.
- The Liar (GP Putnam, April 2015) is Nora’s 214th book.
- Naked in Death was the first book in what was originally conceived as a trilogy written by Nora under the pseudonym JD Robb and published in July 1995. Obsession in Death (GP Putnam, February 2015) is the 40th book in the series.
- Nora has written 195 New York Times bestsellers including 37 written as J.D. Robb and one written together with J.D. Robb
- Since her first bestseller in 1991, Nora’s books have spent a total of 1,045 weeks on the New York Times bestsellers list…that’s equivalent to 20 consecutive years of weekly bestsellers.
- Nora’s books have spent a combined 200 weeks at the number one spot on the New York Times bestseller list – that’s nearly 4 years.
- 59 books by Nora Roberts or J.D. Robb have debuted in the #1 spot on a New York Times best seller list.
- The Next Always, the first book in The Inn BoonsBoro trilogy, debuted at #1 on the New York Times Paperback Trade Fiction as well as the the E-book Fiction bestseller lists on November 20, 2011. It spent 14 weeks on the New York Times Paperback Fiction Trade bestseller list.
- Vision in White, the initial book in the Bride Quartet, was Nora’s first book to debut at #1 on the New York Times Paperback Trade Fiction bestseller list on May 17, 2009. It spent 11 weeks on the list!
- All three books of the current Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy, Dark Witch, Shadow Spell and Blood Magick debuted at #1 on the New York Times Paperback Trade Fiction bestseller List. Dark Witch remained on the list for 12 weeks.
- Treachery in Death was the first J.D. Robb book to debut at the #1 position on the New York Times Combined Print and E-Book Fiction list on March 13, 2011.
- Rising Tides, the second title in the popular Chesapeake Bay series, was Nora’s first ever immediate #1 bestseller, debuting on the New York Times Paperback Best Seller List on July 26, 1998.
- Midnight Bayou was Nora’s first hardcover to debut at #1 on November 4, 2001.
- Innocent in Death was the first book written as J.D. Robb to debut at #1 on March 11, 2007.
- Montana Sky was Nora’s 100th full-length book and published by Putnam in March 1996.The Witness was Nora’s 200th full length book and published by Putnam in April 2012.
- Key of Light, Key of Knowledge and Key of Valor were released over three consecutive months from November 2003 to January 2004. Each book debuted at #1 and all the titles were on the NY Times Paperback Bestsellers list at the same time for four weeks. Key of Light remained on the list for 13 weeks.
A publishing phenomenon
- There are more than 400 million* copies of books by Nora Roberts in print worldwide. *(as of 9/1/09)
- Nora Roberts was the third author to sell more than 1 million Kindle books.
- Over the last 30 years, an average of 27 Nora Roberts books were sold every minute.
- Nora Roberts’ books are published in over 34 countries.
- There are enough Nora Roberts books in print to fill the seats of Wrigley Field over 9,900 times (selling out Cubs’ home games for more than 124 seasons).
- If you place all Nora’s books top to bottom, they would stretch across the United States from New York to Los Angeles 18 times.
Nora Roberts on Lifetime
- In 2007 and 2009 and 2010, Lifetime Television teamed with Mandalay Television and Stephanie Germain Productions to present the tremendously successful Nora Roberts Collection.
- February 2007 was named “Nora Roberts Month on Lifetime Television.” To celebrate, four movies based on her books aired on consecutive Monday nights.Angels Fall, Montana Sky, Blue Smoke and Carolina Moon featured stellar casts, dramatic cinematography and a cameo by Nora in each movie.
- The titles included in the second Nora Roberts Collection are Northern Lights, Midnight Bayou, High Noon and Tribute. The movies aired on consecutive Saturday nights in April 2009. Again, the producers brought in actors of the highest caliber, including Cybill Shepherd and Faye Dunaway, to bring Nora’s books to life.
- Carnal Innocence aired on Lifetime on June 13, 2011 starring Shirley Jones, Gabrielle Anwar and Colin Egglesfield.
On the Internet
- Nora was one of the first authors to use the web to communicate with her fans when she launched her site in 1996.
- Noraroberts.com receives over 140,000 visitors a month, with over a half million page views. Adding in the page views on jdrobb.com, yields almost 1 million hits per month.
- Her official blog, Fall Into The Story, contains updates on books, conversations with readers and insights into Nora’s home life.
- Nora’s online newsletter has over 111,000 subscribers and it grows each week.
- The Nora Roberts Official Fan Page on Facebook has over 594,000 followers